Do you sell business to business and am looking for help to start your business? The NBV Grant for New Business supports start-up businesses based in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Greater Lincolnshire. Grants of between £1000 and £2500 are available. This is for a maximum of 25% of eligible costs. Thus, in order to access the business grant, the minimum project spend is £4000.
Is your business:
• Ready to start trading
• You sell business to business or business to consumer (service only NOT retail)
• Your business is based in Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire or Nottinghamshire
• Your business is registered with Companies House or HMRC
Business Growth Grants
This grant has been created to support the growth and development of existing small and medium-sized businesses. £2,000 to £25,000 grant funding available providing 35% of total project costs.
Is your business:
• An SME in Leicester or Leicestershire with less than 250 employees
• Looking to grow, introduce new products, processes or innovate
• Trading a minimum of 24 months
• Trading business to business
• Looking to create or safeguard jobs
Industrial MPhil by the Leicester Innovation Hub
An Industrial MPhil involves a postgraduate student working on a R&D project for 12-months with the purpose to develop innovative new products, processes and services for your company. The student will work full-time (funded) on your innovation project with academic supervision from University of Leicester.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) will provide the links to the expertise you need to grow your business and gain a competitive edge. KTP is a world-leading programme that helps businesses succeed by connecting them to the UK’s rich academic resources. It’s a partnership between the business seeking expertise, a university and a recently qualified graduate – known as a Knowledge Transfer Associate.
Harborough District Apprenticeship Grants
Businesses in the Harborough district can apply for funding to help them take on apprentices. We are making grants of up to £750 available to encourage apprenticeships and promote the benefits
they can offer businesses.
To be eligible to receive the grant the:
• Business must be in Harborough district
• Apprentices must be residents in Harborough district
• Business must have less than 150 employees
• Business must not have taken on an apprentice in the last 2 years (there may be flexibility on this dependent on circumstances)
Digital Growth Programme
The Digital Growth Programme grant scheme provides financial support with the introduction of new systems and software to improve business performance and productivity. Grants from £2,000 to £25,000 are available subject to conditions. Higher project values will also be considered.
SMEs can receive up to 35% funding towards the total cost of the project, the other 65% must be match-funded by the business. You will need to have a project valued between £5,715 (£2,000 grant) and £71,430 (£25,000 grant).
Invest to Grow
The University of Derby’s Invest to Grow programme provides grants and loans of between £15,000 and £250,000 to support private-sector businesses across the East Midlands to innovate, grow andcreate jobs. The programme is now funded by the repayment of loans awarded to successful applicants.
For your project to qualify for Invest to Grow funding, you will need to demonstrate that it meets the following criteria:
• It will create new jobs or safeguard existing positions in your company
• It will increase the scope or scale of your company activity
• It will improve the company’s performance
• It has not commenced and will not be achievable in the timescales proposed without Invest to Grow support
Manufacturing Growth Programme
Specialist Manufacturing Growth Managers will provide support to businesses in the West Midlands, Yorkshire and Humber, parts of the East Midlands and South East.
The programme provides support tailored to your manufacturing SME business such as:
• A dedicated, experienced, Manufacturing Growth Manager will provide on-going support
• A comprehensive business diagnostic tool specifically designed for manufacturers
• Identify opportunities and create plans for growth and improvement
• Work with the best external experts to implement those plans
• Cover a % of the cost of implementing an improvement project
• Connect to wider support to maximise opportunities for growth
Growing Places Fund
The Government’s £730 million Growing Places Fund loan scheme supports key infrastructure projects designed to unlock wider economic growth, create jobs and build houses. Across England, a large number of regeneration schemes have been stalled or delayed due to instances of prior lack of investment in infrastructure, or land assembly through the market or the planning process. GPF loans are allocated through LEPs to schemes that will accelerate the building of homes, office and commercial development space such as site access/site clearance, broadband and transport infrastructure, utilities, refurbishment of buildings and flood defence barriers.
UK Research and Innovation
UK Research and Innovation offer funding and support across all academic disciplines and industrial areas from the medical and biological sciences to astronomy, physics, chemistry and engineering, social sciences, economics, environmental sciences, and the arts and humanities.UKRI funds research and innovation on a competitive basis. Individual applications for research are assessed by relevant independent experts from academia and business. Core research funding to the higher education sector for its research is targeted where the research quality is highest.
Midlands Engine Investment Fund
The Midlands Engine Investment Fund (MEIF), supported by the European Regional Development Fund, provides commercially focussed finance through Small Business Loans, Debt Finance, Proof of concept and Equity Finance funds. The Midlands Engine Investment Fund aims to transform the finance landscape for smaller businesses in the Midlands and to realise the region’s potential to achieve economic growth through enterprise.
Harborough District Council Business Community
Find a range of business support from the local council. This includes grants, funds, business rates, licences and health and safety regulations.