Explore upcoming workshops and events within HIC to immerse yourself within our business community. Speak to our business advisor if you are keen to showcase your skills in your area of expertise. We encourage positive connections within our centre. After all, business is about people and relationships.
- This event has passed.
Carbon Reduction Short Course
June 14 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm BSTFree
This session will help you understand the context of carbon reductions and what climate change means for your business, why you should be taking steps to reducing your emissions, how you and your customers can benefit and how to access support.
This session is designed to give you an introductory understanding of carbon reduction and climate change in the context of your business and signpost you to the support.
Join us to get ahead of the curve and keep your customers and staff happy!
What to expect:
- We will help you make sense of carbon jargon
- Discuss carbon footprints of individuals and business actions
- Highlight the benefits of taking action with a case study of a local business
- Signpost you to tools and resources available
Key questions we will help answer:
- What does it mean to be net zero or carbon neutral?
- What is the carbon footprint of your business travel?
- What’s in it for me by taking action?
- Where can I access tools and resources?
You will finish this session with a greater understanding of what it means to address climate change and reduce carbon emissions for your business and get access to the tools and resources available for you to access to get started.
The event will be delivered by Christiane Startin-Lorent, Owner of Lorent Training.
The training is being enabled through a collaboration between De Montfort University, the University of Leicester and Lorent Training. This specific event is in partnership with Harborough District Council and Harborough Innovation Centre.