Explore upcoming workshops and events within HIC to immerse yourself within our business community. Speak to our business advisor if you are keen to showcase your skills in your area of expertise. We encourage positive connections within our centre. After all, business is about people and relationships.
- This event has passed.
Getting started with financial business resilience
August 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Getting started with financial business resilience: safeguard your demand and supply chain for a sound financial future
Are you responsible for financial management within your organisation? Maybe you’re an SME owner or finance manager, who is concerned about the current landscape and worried about the financial impact it may have on your business? If you are, this business-critical session will help you prepare effectively and successfully navigate your way through the financial strains you may be encountering.
The current pandemic has shaken our economy to the core and for many businesses has exposed financial vulnerabilities.
Whilst the current situation was impossible to predict, there are steps we can take to strengthen financial robustness and safeguard the future of our businesses.
If the last year has taught us anything, it’s to prepare for the unexpected – be it a customer leaving and unable to pay, a product recall, supplier increasing prices or supply shortage. These and other unpredictable challenges can place an immeasurable financial strain on small businesses, so it’s never been more important to look at ways to shore up financial procedures and prepare for the future.
Who should attend this session?
This session is aimed at SMEs and is ideal for business owners and finance managers, who are responsible for financial management and would like to explore ways to make their business stronger financially.
What will we cover?
- Understanding why financial resilience should be high on the agenda for all businesses.
- Looking at the key areas of financial resilience in practical terms.
- Taking steps to build financial resilience into your business.
- Exploring ways to assess where your business is right now.
- Setting goals for improved resilience.
- Working example to create a plan for your business.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this session, you will be better equipped to:
- Build your company’s financial strength and resilience.
- Maintain financial robustness, to allow you to respond and survive in the face of the unexpected.
- Prepare financially for eventualities that may impact your business during the current pandemic, such as supplier shortfalls or a dip in demand.