Explore upcoming workshops and events within HIC to immerse yourself within our business community. Speak to our business advisor if you are keen to showcase your skills in your area of expertise. We encourage positive connections within our centre. After all, business is about people and relationships.
- This event has passed.
How can UK services companies adjust to the new way of trading with the EU?
May 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Provisions for service within the TCA pretty much replicate World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules, whereby all member states have committed to opening up their economies to UK service providers, but commitments differ significantly and are subject to change across sectors and service type.
UK companies now have to navigate the local jurisdiction in each market where their service is provided, and consult with local authorities directly to determine if there are any potential issues with continued supply in 2021 and beyond. Considerations include whether:
- They need authorisations or licences to provide their service
- Their UK professional qualifications are still recognised
- They need to comply with any specific local business regulations
- There are any EEA nationality requirements that could prevent them providing services in some sectors
- They need to complete any relevant administrative procedures online
During this webinar, Andrea Collins of The Export Department will be examining the various impacts EU Exit has had on the service sector and how service companies can optimally adjust to the new way of trading with the EU, discussing in particular:
- Cross border service
- Consumption abroad
- Commercial presence
- Movement of natural persons
- Handling of Value Added Tax (VAT)
- What is and what is not included in the TCA
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Focus of continued negotiation between the UK and EU
- And more