Explore upcoming workshops and events within HIC to immerse yourself within our business community. Speak to our business advisor if you are keen to showcase your skills in your area of expertise. We encourage positive connections within our centre. After all, business is about people and relationships.
- This event has passed.
Attract candidates with compelling job vacancies
August 11, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm BST
Takeaway guidance to build your own job vacancies and insights directly from young people.
Young people aged 18-30 will co-design and co-deliver this workshop for employers who want to compete for candidates in a crowded job market.
This interactive half-day workshop will cover topics such as:
- How to write a compelling job advert that supports recruitment based on an individual’s personal attributes rather than experience and the difference between a job advert, description and specification
- How to use the power of social media to promote job vacancies
- How to access young people and build a pipeline
What you will come away with
- A clear understanding of what structures and processes work best with inexperienced candidates and how to align yourself with the expectations of young people
- Be informed of some simple hacks and insights that will remove barriers and access a wider audience
- Create a recruitment plan that uses current options and initiatives that allow you to introduce yourself as an employer of choice.
Who should attend
- Those responsible for recruitment strategy wishing to employ young people
- HR managers who what to make the process easier and overcome perceived barriers
- Organisations that want to make themselves more accessible and inclusive
About Access Generation CIC
Access Generation CIC is a social enterprise that encourages organisations to employ inexperienced young people. We provide young people with a platform to share their views and expectations with employers in a bid to shift the recruitment landscape and make it inclusive, accessible and supportive for all.
Find out more https://accessgeneration.co.uk/
This event is organised by Harborough District Council for employers in the Harborough District.