- This event has passed.
Masterclass: Mental Health in the Workplace
March 20 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
The way people are managed and supported whilst at work is critical in sustaining positive wellbeing as well as performance. Join Oakwood Training’s Terry Streather as he walks you through the practical tools that can support your colleagues and lead resilient teams.
Over the course of this Masterclass you will gain the confidence to start a conversation, and an understanding of how to support a colleague who may be struggling with mental ill health.
- The relationship between Work and Wellbeing (including legal considerations)
- Recognise and Identify the early signs of a mental health issue, including; Stress and Anxiety, Depression and Suicidal crisis
- Recognise and Identify the factors associated to the job, organisation and to yourself that may be causing stress
- Feel confident in helping someone who is experiencing mental health issues
- How to have those “difficult conversations” about mental wellbeing
- How to support someone displaying signs of poor wellbeing to help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
- Signposting towards professional support
- How to look after your own wellbeing and resilience
- Promoting Wellbeing in the workplace to challenge the myths and stigma.
- Keeping in touch during sickness absence
“Oakwood’s approach to Mental Health training was perfectly pitched for a senior team. The training was engaging, accessible, informative, important and mind-broadening. We came away with a much clearer picture of how mental health issues affect people at work. Most of all, the training helped to dispel the stigma and fear of mental health – giving delegates the confidence to recognise some of the symptoms and a desire to do what we can to help people through periods of mental ill-health.” Next CEO – Lord Simon Wolfson
Who is this Masterclass for?
Ideal for business owners who employ people and those who have responsibility for looking after the mental health and wellbeing of employees.
Workshops run by experts
Terry Streather – Director of Oakwood Training
Terry is a Director and Head of Training at Oakwood Training. He’s a Mental Health and Personal Safety expert, with extensive experience as both a frontline practitioner and trainer. He is helping some of the UK’s largest companies look after the Mental Wellbeing and Personal Safety of their staff.
Terry is in demand as a consultant and is a dynamic and engaging speaker at national conferences and events. He spoke most recently at ‘This Can Happen’ – the UK’s largest Workplace Mental Health event, which was attended by HRH The Duke of Cambridge.
As a former frontline Officer and Supervisor in the Police he has first-hand experience of managing personal crisis, both from members of the public and staff.
He understands that our health and the way we feel has a huge impact on the way we behave, the decisions we make and our productivity. He is passionate about helping organisations create a safer, healthier workplace, by placing wellbeing at the very core of what they do. Not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes good business sense. Happy, safe employees make better employees.