Explore upcoming workshops and events within HIC to immerse yourself within our business community. Speak to our business advisor if you are keen to showcase your skills in your area of expertise. We encourage positive connections within our centre. After all, business is about people and relationships.
- This event has passed.
What does zero carbon mean for your small business?
May 20 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The UK Government has set a target to reach Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050. It has also enshrined this in law to emphasise the crucial nature of reducing the world’s harmful CO2 emissions to help address the Climate Crisis. We all have our part to play – at home and at work. This session introduces your small business to the concept of Zero Carbon and the changes you might make to help you start to achieve this.
Who should attend?
Small business owners and managers who are keen to reduce the carbon emissions of their business. In larger businesses, staff with a responsibility for environmental issues will also benefit by attending.
What will we cover?
- Anna will take a brief look at the national and local policies (the local Industrial Strategy and Energy Strategy) that will affect and offer opportunities to small businesses. She will also share a recent study on what the fast-growing Low Carbon sector looks like in Leicestershire and which local companies can offer certain types of support.
- She will also introduce some of the changes you can make to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Paul will discuss how tenants at Loughborough University Science & Enterprise Park work together to achieve lower carbon operations.
- Mark will share how his company have reduced the emissions on their products and gained a competitive edge in bidding for contracts with larger businesses. They are now looking to encourage their own supply chain to do the same.
- Leicester Riders is not only a basketball team; it’s a large sporting venue and hospitality business that was very badly affected by Covid. Kevin will explain how they have looked at a range of greener alternatives including solar power, ground source heat pumps, electric vehicles and energy reduction as a way to reduce their bills.
After attending this webinar, you will:
- Begin to understand the issues involved and how they affect you
- Have some practical ideas about how to change and the support available to help you do this
- Be keen to find out more at the other webinars on this theme.